The method EUTOKIA HAPPY CHILDBIRTH is composed of 10 individual lessons. The program can be adapted in length and content according to specific needs of each woman or group. It is oriented for couples from the 16th week.
The lessons are mainly practical, and comfortable clothing is appropriate to have freedom of movement. Written material on the worked issues is provided, so participants will have it later available at all times. In addition, you are asked to practice daily what has been taught during the working lessons. The written information we provide is available in Catalan, Spanish or English.
The preparation also includes Eutokia at birth with your partner or companion, with the goal to practice specific movements together for the different stages of labour (dilation, delivery, placenta delivery), and to show how the partner can help us in this process as subtle as important.
BIRTH COMPANION SERVICE:
We can accompany women at Hospitals, Birth Centres and home-births. Continuous emotional support and the confidence brought during the entire process have shown to improve and facilitate all the stages of birth and immediate postpartum. It’s been observed that women accompanied by a doula tend to experience birth more positively and have more confidence and security, which in turn benefits the mother-baby bond.
Email or call to ask for further information or to make an appointment at:
Alexander Technique Outline:
- Use and Functioning-Introduction to basic principles of the Alexander Technique: What is a good body use? And a misuse?
- The Force of Habit-Friend or Foe?
- Kinaesthesia-How does our movement information system work, and why is it conditioned by our habits?
- The Primary Control-The importance of the dynamic relationship between head, neck and back
- Basic Anatomy-Body Mapping. Where are our joints? Postural reflexes
- The Startle Response-The Startle Response’s role on our habitual patterns of movement
- Neurological Inhibition and Direction-The conscious mind as a tool to prevent poor patterns of movement and to create change
EUTOKIA HAPPY CHILDBIRTH Outline:
- Basic concepts of the Alexander Technique-Strengthening the practice of habitual daily movements:sitting, standing, walking, bending, lying down, lifting weight, going up and downs stairs, etc.
- Eutokia Movements for the second and third trimester of pregnancy:
- Breathing: Doing or Allowing? The whispered Ah
- Pregnancy and Birth Atlas: First Stage of Labour, what exactly are contractions? What changes do experience our body?
- Birth Options and Routine Procedures: Natural Childbirth, Epidural, Episiotomy, Caesarean, movement options in Hospital
- Eutokia for the First Stage of Labour:
- Breathing in Labour: The importance of the expiration.
- Eutokia movements for the second and third stage of Labour:
- Coping with Labour pain: Natural Comfort Measures.
- The partner role during the birth: How can the partner help? Movements with partner’s help, quality of touch, massage, etc.
- Breast-feeding: The importance of the mother-baby contact during third stage for breast-feeding. Comfortable breast-feeding.Alexander Technique for the postpartum period: recovery of abdominal muscles and perineum. How can the Alexander Technique help us in our new role as parents?