The Alexander technique is a method of psychophysical re-education. It is a practical method that the teacher transmits through a smooth and accurate manual contact and through verbal instructions. It also shows the role played by our mental attitude and willingness in developing any activity, in order to restore a more balanced and efficient neuromuscular Organization.
• The art of using yourself better. Good use gives you confidence and allows you to get the most out of all daily activity: from sitting, walking, hoovering, dancing, acting, playing an instrument, swimming, living!
• A simple method of psycho-physical education that aims to find the body´s natural balance and freedom to move with ease; and once learnt, you don´t forget.
• A way to understand our bodies design to let it function how it knows from birth…
• A gradual but secure learning process, that help us recognise our own habits y how to stop interferint with our bodies innate intelligence.
• A way of leaning to interact with the “other” without losing oneself; to learn how to be more present and aware wherever we are and whoever we share it with.
Web of the society of teachers of the Alexander Technique in Spain : http://www.aptae.net/